Last Updated on October 10, 2022 by admin
Coffee beans are seeds from a coffee plant and the source of a coffee drink. Brewed coffee is a very popular beverage around the world, mostly known for its caffeine content, varieties, and preparation methods.
Today’s review on the best whole coffee beans in the world takes consumer ratings, expert guides, and written editorials into account. You can equally compare prices, deals, unlimited insights, and much more.
Therefore, if you are looking to upgrade your home coffee experience, then this article may come in handy. We have answered all the commonly asked questions which are not limited to; the different types of coffee beans, coffee roast levels, nutritional facts, coffee fun facts, how to tell the quality of a coffee bean, elements to a tasting coffee, and many more.
Q: What makes coffee beans different?
The level of roasting and where the coffee is grown are the two key factors that determine the taste, aroma, and color of the coffee. For example, dark roasted coffee beans have a stronger, smokier, and spicier taste. In other words, strongly roasted coffee beans tend to lose their original taste.
Q: What are the 4 types of coffee beans?
They are Coffee Arabica (Arabica), Coffee Canephora (Robusta), Coffee Liberica (Liberica), and Excelsa (Coffee Liberica var. Dewevrei).
Q: What is so special about Arabica coffee?
Coffee Arabica is known to originate from Ethiopia and is considered to be one of the best varieties of coffee in the market. It has 60% more lipids and 100% more sugar and is, therefore, less bitter with a cleaner mouthfeel.
Q: Is Arabica coffee healthy?
Arabica dark roast is considered to be the healthiest coffee variety and with lesser caffeine content.
Q: Which is better Arabica or Robusta coffee?
Arabica coffee has a superior taste to Robusta coffee. Arabica is smoother, sweeter (gives flavor notes of chocolate and sugar), and has lesser caffeine content, while the Robusta is pretty strong, harsh, and bitter.
Q: What is the most expensive coffee bean?
Black Ivory is the most expensive and rarest coffee bean. It costs over $1,500 per pound and is known to be super smooth. The coffee beans are fed to elephants whose stomach enzymes break the proteins down before excreting them.
Q: What are the benefits of coffee?
- It can boost your energy levels and focus
- Help in burning fat
- It can improve your physical performance
- Coffee contains various essential nutrients and antioxidants
- Coffee may reduce the risk of Type II diabetes
- Coffee may reduce the risk of Parkinson’s, Dementia, and Alzheimer’s
Q: Is a whole bean better than the ground?
Freshly ground coffee beans have more aromatic molecules than ground coffee.
Q: What are the best coffee beans to buy?
Please, see the below reviews on the best whole-bean coffee in the world.
9 Best Coffee Beans in the World
1. Lavazza Super Crema Whole Bean Coffee Blend
Lavazza Super Crema Whole Bean Coffee is a 2.2-pound medium-light blend espresso roast, with an aromatic taste. It is a masterful selection of beans with 60% Arabica, 40% Robusta, and roasted hazelnut and brown sugar-tasting notes.
- One 2.2 pounds bag of Lavazza Super Crema Italian whole coffee beans
- Mild and creamy medium espresso roast with notes of hazelnut and brown sugar
- 60% Arabica and 40% Robusta
2. Kicking Horse Coffee Review
Kicking Horse Coffee 454 horsepower is a 2.2 lbs organic certified, dark roast, whole bean coffee from Indonesia, Central & South America. The coffee is characterized by a heavy body, earthy with a black licorice finish tasting notes, and cacao nibs, peat, and hints of nutmeg aroma.
- One Bag of 454 Horse Power Whole Bean Blend
- Roast: Dark
- Certifications: Certified Organic, Fairtrade, Kosher Coffee
3. Lavazza Alteco Organic Premium Blend
Lavazza Alteco Organic Premium Blend is a 2 lbs authentic Italian coffee recipe with a sweet, creamy, velvety, and persistent aroma. It is the product of a gentle roasting process and is used for espresso or regular coffee.
- A sweet and elegant espresso, a velvety cream and persistent aromas with notes of honey and nuts.
- Gentle roasting process
- Organic and UTZ Certified blend
4. Subtle Earth Organic Coffee Dark Roast
Subtle Earth Organic Coffee Dark Roast is a 5 lbs whole bean coffee with unwavering quality. It is GMO-free, 100% Arabica, and characterized by a fresh, rich, full-body, chocolate flavor, with a smooth, pleasant aftertaste.
- ORIGIN - Subtle Earth Organic Coffee is high altitude shade grown Arabica beans from Honduras that feature a full...
- AROMATIC NOTES - This whole bean coffee has a profound depth of flavor and velvety body with notes of honey, caramel,...
- EXPERTLY ROASTED - We artisan roast our coffee beans in small batches just prior to shipping to ensure peak flavor and...
5. Stumptown Coffee Roasters
Stumptown Coffee Roasters is an organic-rich whole-bean coffee with notes of vanilla and cocoa powder. It is a 12 oz dark roast and characterized by a clove & bittersweet chocolate flavor.
- Contains one (1) 12 Ounce Bag of Stumptown Founder's Blend Organic Whole Bean Coffee
- Founder's Blend: This blend is a dose of Central American sunshine in a cup. Simple and chocolate-forward, this...
- Flavor: Our Founder's Blend combines clean and sweet organic Central and South American beans to create a juicy and...
6. Lavazza Espresso Italiano Whole Bean Coffee Blend
Lavazza Espresso Italiano Whole Bean Coffee Blend is a 2.2-pound medium roast with rich-bodied highly aromatic notes. It is GMO-free, 100% Arabica, blended and roasted in Italy.
- 1 2.2 pound bag of Lavazza Caffe Espresso Italian whole coffee beans
- Rich bodied medium roast with highly aromatic notes
- Non GMO, 100 percent Arabica. Intensity: 5 Delicate
7. Starbucks Breakfast Blend Whole Bean Coffee
Starbucks Breakfast Blend Whole Bean Coffee is a 16oz medium roast, balanced with rich and smooth flavors. The blend is a lighter roast, lively, and lets you enjoy café quality coffee without leaving the home.
- PREMIUM WHOLE BEAN COFFEE—Starbucks delivers exceptional coffee cup after cup with this 12-ounce bag of Breakfast...
- STARBUCKS BREAKFAST BLEND COFFEE—Notes of brown sugar and sweet orange mingle in our lightest medium roast coffee
- FRESH TASTE—Starbucks adheres to the highest quality standards—shipping you the same carefully roasted 100% arabica...
8. SF Bay Coffee French Roast Whole Bean
SF Bay Coffee French Roast is 2-pound whole bean natural water processed decaffeinated coffee from Central and South America. It is characterized by rich dark chocolate, toasted cinnamon, full-bodied, and a smoky finish.
- One of our most popular coffees, Decaf French Roast is sourced from Central and South America arabica beans. We roast it...
- SWP DECAF: We decaffeinate all of our decaf coffees using the Swiss Water Process. No Chemicals ever.
- QUALITY COFFEE: San Francisco Bay Coffee uses only 100% arabica coffee and certified Kosher coffee beans. Hand picked...
9. AmazonFresh Colombia Whole Bean Coffee
AmazonFresh Colombia Whole Bean Coffee is a 12oz full-bodied, balanced, medium roast Colombian coffee. It is expertly roasted, 100% Arabica, balanced, full-bodied, and immediately packed for full freshness.
- Balanced, full-bodied medium roast with a smooth finish
- Three 12-ounce bags of whole bean coffee
- 100% Arabica coffee grown in Colombia