Last Updated on October 7, 2023 by admin
A cold brew coffee is a ground coffee steeped in cold water and strained. It is popular and trending in many countries. Among millennials, it is now the most popular drink, and this gradual shift has been attributed to the global rise in average daily temperature.
Therefore, to keep up with this dynamic generation, a barista needs to possess the right knowledge and skill on how to make cold brew coffee at home.
Before we proceed to the best cold brew coffee makers, let us quickly answer the most common questions (Q&A) consumers ask about this popular and exciting beverage.
Q: Cold brew coffee vs iced coffee
Iced coffee, just like the name suggests, is regular brewed coffee that is served over ice. On the other hand, cold brew coffee is the result of a specific brewing method in which no heat is involved.
Q: Is cold brew stronger than regular coffee?
Yes. Cold brew coffee is stronger than regular coffee because it is prepared by steeping ground coffee for at least 12 hours. So, the taste of the coffee is gradually absorbed into the water.
Q: How do you make cold brew coffee at home?
Making cold brew coffee at home is easy. The ingredients and steps involved are summarized below.
- 1 cup of whole beans (4 ounces or 113 grams) will be needed. It can be the Robusta or the Arabica variety that is dark or medium roasted
- 4 cups of water (32 ounces or 907 grams) is good for the entire process
- Coffee grinder or a grind and brew coffee maker
- A small strainer, to separate the grounds from the drink
- A bottle, for storing the brewed coffee till consumption or sale
- Cheesecloth to sieve the drink
- Finally, a 1 1/2-quart glass/ceramic/plastic container to steep the drink
- First, grind the coffee beans coarsely. You can consider buying ground coffee but if you grind it at home, the coffee will be fresh and tastes better
- Sterilize the container. Pour the coffee grounds and water (filtered water is best) into the jar/container, with a 1:8 coffee-to-water ratio
- Stir gently and leave the mixture to steep for at least 12 hours
- Use a strainer to remove grounds after brewing. Discard the strainer, and repeat (2 to 3 times) with a new strainer until all grounds are removed
- The coffee is now ready. You can serve it over ice with milk and sugar
- Cover and refrigerate the rest!
Q: What is the best cold brew coffee maker?
The best-selling cold brew coffee maker is reviewed below.
Best Cold Brew Coffee Makers 2023
1. Takeya Patented Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker (One Quart)
Takeya Patented Deluxe Cold Brew Coffee Maker ensures only delicious coffee flavors are extracted, leaving behind the bitter oils and fatty acids. It delivers coffee in 3 quick easy steps s- add coffee, brew, and serve. This cold brew coffee maker features a leak-proof airtight lid for shaking, a fine mesh coffee filter, a non-slip handle, and a durable pitcher body that is BPA-free and dishwasher safe.
2. HyperChiller V2 Iced Coffee Maker
HyperChiller V2 Iced Coffee Maker offers the easiest and cheapest way to make delicious iced coffee at home. In one minute, you can turn a fresh hot coffee into an iced coffee with zero dilution. This iced coffee maker is compatible with all brewing methods, pays for itself within two weeks, is dishwasher safe, and is suitable for chilling all your favorite beverages including wine, tea, alcohol, and juice.
3. Airtight Cold Brew Coffee Maker
This Airtight Cold Brew Coffee Maker will deliver professional brew from the comfort of your home. Brewed coffee is less acidic, smooth, can be diluted, and stored in the refrigerator. It is easy to use, dishwasher safe, BPA-free, ergonomic handle for smooth pouring, and is a perfect fit for any fridge or shelf.
4. 1 Gallon Cold Brew Coffee Maker
This 1 Gallon Cold Brew Coffee Maker with reinforced glass and stainless steel mesh filter is very affordable, durable, and will deliver smooth amazing coffee with no bitter taste. The flavor is all-around coffee, and a perfect fit for a tea maker, cold brew mason jar, and ice coffee maker.
5. Primula Burke Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker
Primula Burke Cold Brew Iced Coffee Maker has an ergonomic design and brews a distinctively smooth coffee with no bitter taste. It is a perfect 6-cup size, very durable, filters every ground, is comfortable to use, and is dishwasher safe.
6. Cafe du Chateau Cold Brew Coffee Maker
Cafe du Chateau Cold Brew Coffee Maker is a 34-ounce, airtight coffee maker with a stainless steel filter. The brewed coffee is less acidic, less bitter, and more flavorful. It is BPA-free, rust and corrosion-resistant, and the perfect gift for loved ones, friends, or family members.
7. Bean Envy Cold Brew Coffee Maker
Bean Envy Cold Brew Coffee Maker is very durable, superior in quality, and brews iced and cold brew coffee to perfection. It has a silicon steel cap for maximum freshness, a non-slip base, borosilicate glass, a precision-cut filter, safe and easy to use, BPA free, 32 oz capacity, and a lifetime warranty.
8. OXO Brew Cold Brew Coffee Maker
OXO Brew Cold Brew Coffee Maker is very compact, easy to use, and delivers rich coffee that is low in acidity. It features an ultra-fine mesh filter and will brew up to a week’s worth of coffee.
9. Vinci Express Cold Brew Electric Coffee Maker
Vinci Express Cold Brew Coffee Maker delivers café quality homemade coffee within 5 minutes. It is powered by electricity, made of borosilicate glass, has 4 brew strengths, a self-cleaning cycle, and a 1.1-liter capacity. Cold-brew is done in three quick steps – add coffee, add water, and then select your brew strength.
- Best Keurig Coffee Machines 2023 Reviewed
- The Best French Press Coffee Maker
- The 7 Best Coffee Beans of 2023
- The Best Coffee Filter of 2023
- Best Espresso Machine for Home Use
- The Best Coffee Table 2023
- Best Coffee Bar Accessories 2023
- Best Home Coffee Roasters for every Level 2023
- The Best Coffee Grinder of 2023
- Best Coffee Accessories for 2023
- Best Coffee Creamer 2023
- Best Coffee Dispenser 2023
- Best Manual Coffee Grinder 2023
- The Best Caribou Coffee Beans
- Best Coffee Machines and Coffee Makers
- Best Coffee Frother 2023
- The Best Pour Over Coffee Dripper