Today’s coffee makers and coffee machines have evolved beyond simple brewing, to a more integrated process. New machines now have intuitive touchscreens, some with pre-loaded recipes – thus making the whole process better and complicated.
As a result, brewing is no longer a challenge anymore, to those who like to have their coffee at home. This is because modern generation coffee makers are well equipped, to produce that rich blend of coffee with uncompromising quality.
The biggest task now is finding the best coffee machines amongst the rest. In today’s buyer’s guide, we will be looking at the essential factors to consider before buying a coffee maker. The guide’s primary purpose is to help make your decision making easier.
Our Picks at a Glance: 10 Best Coffee Makers & Coffee Machines 2021
- BUNN NHS Velocity Brew
- Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista
- Mr. Coffee 12 Cup Coffee Maker
- Hamilton Beach 49980A Coffee Maker
- Cuisinart DCC-3200 Coffee Maker
- Keurig K55 Single Serve Coffee Maker
- Ninja Coffee Bar Brewer CF080Z
- Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine
- Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker
- Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition Single Serve Coffee Maker
The Benefits of Owning a Coffee Machine
Let’s share the benefits of owning a coffee maker:
- Saves you money – In the long run, Yes! Let say you buy coffee every morning at an average price of $2-$5 per cup. You will be saving over $800 every year by brewing your coffee at home. Coffee tends to remain fresh for weeks, therefore one round of brew can last for a while.
- It Tastes Better – At home, you have the option to try new things out unlike in a commercial outlet/coffee shop. Coffee brewed at home tastes the ultimate, by adding or using your coffee recipes
- Saves You Fuel – This is a brainer. It may seem a little at first, but in the long run, it starts to add up.
- Fresh Grounds – At home, you have the choice to select unlike in a retail outlet. Fresh ground coffee tastes better.
Coffee Maker Buying Guide
6 Factors to Consider When Buying a Coffee Machine
1. Quantity – The size of the household or the quantity of coffee to make is important in deciding the coffee maker to buy. Some coffee makers have larger tanks, while some can only brew one cup at a time. Time is very essential especially in the morning, so this factor should be noted.
2. Which Coffee Do You Drink? – Answering this will help narrow down your list, as there are varieties of coffee machines out there. Some want a regular black coffee, while others are interested in elaborate coffee varieties.
3. How Much Are You Willing to Spend? – There are many coffee brands with affordable models and units. Compromising on a certain model may mean that some top features needed will be sacrificed. Cost may not necessarily translate into the best experience. If you should go for a product, choose the one that provides the value for your money.
4. How Much Space Do You Have? – This is very important and should be carefully thought out before deciding on your choice of a coffee machine.
5. Extras – Coffee lovers may want to know unique features, that set their models apart from others. Below are some of the added feature you may look out for;
- Programmable Power Button – Most recent models have a programmable switch/on/off button that may come in handy when time is of the essence. Take note!
- Coffee Grinder – This is very important if you like your coffee fresh. Freshly ground beans taste better. Most models have built-in grinders – see “coffee maker with grinder” or can be sold separately. See our ”coffee grinder” section. Grind and brew coffee makers tend to be faster as the whole process is integrated, but may cost more.
- Water Filter – Filtered water enriches the flavor of the coffee. Most coffee models filter the water first, before brewing.
- Temperature Control – The quality of the brewed coffee is heavily dependent on this feature. If the temperature is too high, the flavoring will evaporate. The result is black coffee. Modern coffee machines have advanced measures to keep this in check.
- Steamer – This feature may not be needed when making a simple cup of dry coffee but important for other varieties like espresso.
Finally the Best part…
After spending countless hours researching and obtaining the best editorial and user verified reviews, the list below is the best coffee maker & coffee machine for 2020.
10 Best Coffee Makers & Coffee Machines 2021 – The Review
BUNN GRB Velocity Brew
BUNN GRB Velocity Brew coffee maker is sleek, intuitive, compact, and weighs 8 pounds. It is made of stainless steel and designed for elite baristas in a fast-paced environment. It takes just 3 mins to brew up to 10 cups of coffee, a large bottom filter perfectly placed to ensure the best flavor extraction. The sprout design ensures that water is sprayed evenly to prevent a mess. It comes with a 3-yr warranty and when time is of the essence, this coffee machine is the product to go to.
BUNN GRB velocity brew coffee maker has the following features
- Takes 3 minutes to brew up to 10 cups of coffee
- Made of stainless steel
- Weighs 8 pounds
- Coffee always stay hot
- Drip-free carafe design
- Multiple shower spray
- Funnel and flatwater filters will allow more water to interact with the coffee grounds, for optimum flavor extraction.
- It has a 3-year of warranty
- Fastest 10 cup drip coffee maker. Takes 3 minutes to brew a full pot of coffee
- It is very efficient
- 3-year warranty
- Brewing cannot be paused.
Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista
Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista and cappuccino maker is a 3-in-1 semi-automatic coffee machine, with a single control panel. It weighs 10.37 lbs and is made of stainless steel. It has removable reservoirs and is easy to fill. It features a 15 bar pressure system and allows automatic frothing with a huge milk reservoir. Simply select your grounds, key in the program, and let the coffee machine do the rest.
Mr. Coffee Cafe Barista coffee maker has the following features;
- 3 in 1 semi-automatic coffee machine
- Makes latte, cappuccino, and espresso coffee
- 15-bar pump system
- Automatic milk frother
- One-touch control panel
- Huge removable milk and water reservoir
- Weighs 10.37 lbs and has a 26 in cord
- Coffee Cafe Barista is efficient
- 3-in-1 coffee machine
- quality taste of latte, espresso, and cappuccino coffee
- Huge water and milk reservoir
- Easy to program
- Two long delivery sprouts may be inconveniencing at times
- The water tank is not dishwater safe
Mr. Coffee 12 Cup Coffee Maker
The Mr. Coffee 12 cup coffee maker is perfect for singles and it weighs just 3.6 lbs. It features a power button and pauses when the cup is removed. The water window allows visibility to prevent overflow, while the machine is easy to clean up. It is easy to use and brews up to 12 cups of coffee in record time.
Mr. Coffee 12 cup coffee maker common features;
- Indicator switch which lights up when switched on
- Auto pause technology stops brewing when the cup is removed
- Dual water window prevents overflow
- 26-inch cord so that the machine can be used far from any electrical outlet.
- Mr. Coffee 12 cup coffee maker is very easy to clean
- It has a compact design.
- Auto shut off technology
- It is very affordable and easy to use
- There is no LCD, and that makes it difficult to manage some features.
Hamilton Beach 46205 Coffee Maker
Hamilton Beach 46205 is a super-sleek, compact, programmable coffee maker with adjustable brewing options. It is made of plastic and weighs 5.29 lbs. An auto-shutoff technology to prevent spillage. It is very easy to clean, fast, and easy to disassemble.
Hamilton Beach 46205 coffee maker;
- programmable brewing option to 12 cups
- Regular brewing of 1 to 4 cups.
- The watering sprout is perfectly placed
- Rotating base
- Auto shut-off technology
- Very fast, and sleek in design
- Spill prevention
- Auto pause prevents spillage
- Easy to disassemble
- no single-serve feature
Cuisinart DCC-3200 Coffee Maker
Cuisinart DCC-3200 is a stainless steel programmable coffee maker with the touch of a genius. It is BPA free with a 14 cup brew capacity. Fitted with the auto-shutoff feature, this coffee machine self cleans and with a gold-tone filter. It is 24 hr programmable and will keep brew hot for longer periods.
Cuisinart DCC-3200 coffee maker has the below features;
- Smart coffee maker
- Brew strength control
- 24-hour programmable
- Cuisinart DCC-3200 coffee machine has the self-clean technology
- Auto-shutoff technology to prevent spillage
- Remain hot for longer periods
- Has a gold-tone permanent filter
- Fast brew
- Interactive screen
- Gold-tone filters
- Brew strength controls
- Brew pause
- After some time, the drip tray might loosen up
Keurig K55 Single Serve Coffee Maker
Keurig K55 is a legendary single-serve coffee maker with the touch of a genius. It brews multiple k-cups and is fitted with a brew-strength control feature. Backed by a removable water tank of 48 ounces, this coffee machine is fast and programmable with a simple control button. To keep this machine running with a perfect brew, descaling is recommended.
Keurig K55 single-serve coffee maker has some amazing features.
- Has auto-shutoff technology
- Has two water filters
- Large water reservoirs
- Brew strength control feature
- Height can fit a travel mug
- Energy saver
- Energy saver
- Auto shut-off technology
- Even more, it is available at an affordable price
- Keurig K55 single-serve coffee maker has 48 ounces water reservoir.
- No strength control
- No temp control
Ninja Coffee Bar Brewer CF080Z
Ninja Coffee Bar is a programmable coffee machine with 5 brew options. It is made of plastic and weighs 13.53 lbs. This coffee maker has a large water reservoir and brews up to 10 cups of coffee. It is fitted with advanced extraction technology and a built-in frother.
Ninja Coffee Bar Brewer CF080Z has the below features;
- Variable cup size
- Advanced extraction technology
- One-touch control feature
- Keeps coffee warmer for longer periods
- Auto shut off technology
- It is properly insulated and will help you maintain the quality and flavor of the coffee.
- Single-serve coffee maker
- Coffee remains hot for longer periods
- Up to 10 cups of coffee
- Built-in frother
- Temperature control to preserve flavor
- recipe book included
- Long term reliability may be a cause of concern.
Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine
Nespresso Vertuo Coffee machine has a one-touch programmable feature and with five cup sizes. It brews authentic espressos, fast, and weighs 12 lbs. The machine has an adjustable strength, temperature control feature to help maximize the flavor. It uses advanced extraction technology to ensure the coffee is rich with uncompromised quality.
Nespresso Vertuo Coffee and Espresso Machine have the below features;
- Makes barista grade espressos
- Has a one-touch button control
- Perfect brew all the time
- 5 cup sizes
- Has milk frother
- Compact design and takes less space
- Easy to use
- Rich in flavor
- 5 different cup sizes.
- No k-cups
- Slower brewing time.
Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker
Nespresso Inissia Espresso Maker is very portable, easy to use, and comes with a one-touch technology feature. It is fast, weighs 5.29 lbs, and brews barista grade espressos. This coffee machine has a one-touch control feature and is very energy efficient.
Nespresso Inissia coffee maker features;
- Barista grade espresso.
- Fast brewing
- Economical and energy efficient
- Adjustable cup sizes
- Smooth and finely textured coffee every time
- Comes with complimentary gift
- Nespresso Inissia Espresso Machine has a fast preheating system.
- Has a 19-bar pressure pump
- Super light and compact
- Is reliable, easy to use, and energy-efficient.
- There is no LED light
- Nespresso Inissia Espresso Machine does not have a power button
Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition Single Serve Coffee Maker
Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition is a single-serve coffee maker with the touch of an alien. Built with a premium finish, this machine is the go-to drink for rich latte and cappuccino. This coffee machine is smart and very energy efficient. It brews up to 4 cup sizes and has a 60-ounce water reservoir. It is dishwasher safe and easy to clean up.
Keurig K-Cafe Special Edition features;
- It is very efficient
- Brews multiple blends of coffee, latte, and cappuccino
- The basket is removable for proper cleaning
- Energy efficient
- The product is dishwasher safe
- Large 60 oz water reservoir
- Smart start feature
- Very affordable
- Travel mug friendly
- Energy efficient
- No auto brew feature
- Keurig designs only